Wednesday 6 May 2020

Cabernet Franc 2015 Domaine de Brau

This is one of my favourite everyday wines from my organic grocery provider Abel & Cole. This is an unusual wine in that it's a French wine marketed by its varietal grape rather than its domain or region. I love Cabernet Franc wines from Loire Valley but this one is from Pays D'Oc in Languedoc-Roussillon. This is from a small organic producer. Has absolutely pure CF fruit, minty with wonderfully restrained blackcurrant fruit with some gamey notes as well. This I bought recently and I was very happy when they delivered the 2015 vintage as it had some useful bottle age but they seem to have run out now maybe because of Covid supply problems or this was the last of that vintage they had. I will try to get some more. £12 from A&C, 16/20 drink now

No comments:

Post a Comment