Tuesday 12 May 2020

Goldwater Marlborough Wairau Valley 2019 Sauvignon Blanc

Unfortunately this was a big disappointment from my usually reliable friends at Majestic. Probably last time I pay around £10 from New Zealand Sauvignon blanc as it simply unfortunately not worth it. Possibly I'm drinking it very young and I'll keep the second bottle I bought for a year or so before I try it but as it stands at the moment this is unfortunately kiwi Sauvignon blanc at its worst. As we know as its best it can be superb. This is very acid and overpoweringly gooseberries on the palate and little else. The nose similarly so. I suppose if you like your wine like this then you'll like it but unfortunately I prefer a rather more subtle approach from the Loire Valley or the top NZ Estates. Drink now -2021. 13/20

No comments:

Post a Comment